Monday, June 15, 2009

Before and After











Here are the results of my new body. It is still swollen and bruised so it will look better I'm sure in a few months. The wierdest thing is my new belly button. It doesn't really look like a belly button but it may later. They cut around my old one, lifted up my skin, pulled it down and made a new hole for the belly button to come through. And that is just a little part of the reconstruction. I'm sure John would yell at me if I gave you all the gorey details of the whole operation. So if you want to know details just talk to me about it later. I have drains in and have to wear a corset wrap around my waste so it's a little tricky to sleep at night. Plus, I have a lot of bruising as you can see in one of these pictures. My ribs hurt and my whole back feels like it's bruised, but other than that I'm good as long as I keep up on my pain killers. If this wasn't a medical necessity I don't think I would voluntarily go in and get this surgery done. It is quite painful and extensive. I'm just happy to have my abs back together. They are holding in all that was being pushed out before. And by the way, the before pic of me at the top was when I was flexing, haha. It's amazing to me what technology they have these days that can put your body back together. I almost cried when I first saw the results because I was so happy to finally have a core again. Thanks to everyone for coming to visit, help out, and bring us food. You rock!

11 comments:

Teresa Stubbs said...

Heck yeah!

Melissa said...

You look awesome!

bookette said...

yeah, you'll miss your old belly button, trust me. I've never gotten used to my new one.

you look FAB, though!

Jay said...

HOLY cow! You poor thing... you look amazing even black and blue (or yellow and green haha). I'm so glad you were able to get that done!

~Em

Ink Poison said...

We're all just sitting here admiring...This is just miraculous. And it takes guts ...well, not like that. But way to be courageous, I mean.

Marcy said...

Happy for your results!!! Fast recovery.....

Anonymous said...

What can I do to help? I'd be glad to keep the boys for an afternoon if that'd help. I'm so glad the surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery. You look wonderful. I'll call soon.

Anonymous said...

Oops - I meant kids. Rachel's invited, too.

Michelle said...

WOW! Speeeeeeeeeeeechless.

nice abs girl. I agree, you look fabulous, even in hues of purples and blues. :)

Brittany said...

Oh man, what a difference! I just added you blog to my blog page so now I can check on you guys frequently, beside on Sunday.

Rachel said...

WOW!!! I'm amazed! :)