Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Remembering Michael Jackson
















I grew up listening to Michael Jackson. In fact, I was so in love with him when I was eight that I consider him to be my first boyfriend. After all, sometimes kissing the tv or a poster isn't too far off from the real thing. Even now I am a devoted fan and made a promise to my siblings that if he ever came to the USA in concert we would pay big bucks to go see him. He is the King of Pop and by far the greatest entertainer of all time. Sure, he does look like a freak. If he wouldn't have changed his skin color he would still look okay. But being the boy who never had a childhood he thought he had to look like Peter Pan, the boy who never grows old. Instead, he turned out looking like a freak. There was no way he could have looked in the mirror every day and thought he looked okay. What a sad life in the end. But despite all the sadness he was still one of my favorite artists. Therefore, it was a very sad day when we found out that Michael Jackson died. I told Isaac (my 8 year old) and he hung his head down and started crying! That is how much we love MJ in our family. So the boys have been watching MJ's music videos, all of which are brilliant I might add. Enoch has been begging me to buy him a glove. So I looked online and almost every store online that carried the MJ costume glove was sold out! I finally found one for $7 on ebay and that includes free shipping! So today the glove came in the mail and immediately Enoch put it on..... only to find out it was too big. (I tried to tell him that a million times before we bought it but he still insisted on getting it). So I told him I would try to fix it with my sewing machine. When all was said and done and after three attempts of turning the glove inside out and losing sequins while doing so, the glove finally fit! Although in these pictures you aren't seeing that there are sequins inside the glove that are jabbing at Enochs skin. Oh well, let the King of Pop be reborn. His music will never die and he will always be alive in our house! We love you Michael!








2 comments:

Liz said...

Enoch told me last week about the glove that was coming. He was so excited. Long live Michael.

Sam Packer said...

that's the funniest thing i have ever seen!