Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Swim Pro is Back!

John bought me a 24 hour fitness pass for two years for Christmas. I was so excited because I hadn't been swimming for a couple months and now I can go back! I usually have a routine down that includes swimming 20 laps with different stroke rotations. But I am ready for something new! So I have been watching youtube and yes they even have "learn how to swim" videos. I really want to learn how to swim the butterfly stroke but that includes the dolphin kick and really strong arm muscles. Today I decided to try the butterfly and looked like I was hula dancing in place while drowning. Better luck next time. I just learned how to swim last year and owe it all to my sister Liz who taught me. Now the pro is here and ready to go another year!

One of my goals this year is to learn a new stroke every couple months. But haha we will see. I have two triathalons (speed of course) coming this Spring. I have been trying to teach my friend Colleen how to swim as well, but I'm not a good teacher. I think my favorite thing to do though is sit in the steam room afterward. I bought some Eucalyptus Oil to spray in there so it is all healthy and minty. Mmmm, it's nice to relax after a good swim!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Awesome! Wish I could be learning along with you. :) That butterfly stroke seems crazy hard to me. Good luck with it. Love you!