Sunday, April 25, 2010

Moab Half Marathon 2010!
















We had a really fun time this year doing the Moab Canyonlands Half Marathon last March. My friend Colleen did it with me too. It was a very cold morning because the sun wasn't in the canyon yet. We had to wait up the canyon for about an hour an a half before it started so the first mile or so felt wierd because our toes were numb. but then it warmed up and we took off. It took John 2 hours because he took his time and just had fun. Colleen and I came in at about 2 hours and 13 minutes. We didn't push ourselves and just had a fun time. Most of it was an easy gradual decline but there were some hills. It was fun to run in a place that was unfamiliar. I think that is why the race felt like it flew by. My bro Sam let me use his camera so I could take pics along the way. It was a gorgeous canyon with red rock and the Colorado river. John and I figured it was a bit expensive though because the race itself was $80 each, then with food, gas, and a hotel we ended up spending around $400!!! Next year I'm thinking of running it with a bunch of my girlfriends so we can share everything and cut the costs. Thanks to Sam also for watching all my kids when we were away, very fun for him I'm sure! Running is great and I'm really starting to take to these half marathons!!



3 comments:

Sara Packer said...

Looks like fun. You guys are awesome!

Teresa Gashler said...

You guys make half marathon's look fun. Runners rock.

Unknown said...

Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too. For more information visit legal herbal empire for sale