Monday, March 16, 2009

Way to Go Liz and John!!






This past Saturday was the Rex Lee Run held down at BYU. John and Liz both ran in the 10k and finished with excellent times....John 48 minutes and Liz 52 minutes.....that's 6 miles by the way! John checked later and found that the first place winner in his age group was around 44 minutes so if he just pushed it a little more he could have won! I know that's your competitive nature John but you have a spranged ankle...hello? I wanted to run it but my leg is injured from circuit running so I'm out for six weeks (see previous blog). I was so bummed but hung out with the kids on the sideline waiting to cheer these guys on!
When John came in he gave the boys a high five. They loved it! David and the kids were there for Liz as well. The boys played ball and ran on the sideline. Enoch said, "Did I run as long as Dad?" He thought that the race started and ended on the track and lasted about a minute. It was a great day, feeling a lot like Spring. Man, I wish I could have ran that race! Last year I was pregnant, so hopefully next year! Congrats Liz and John on a great race!! (upcoming races for us....the triathalon for Liz and me and marathon for John)

2 comments:

Teresa Stubbs said...

That's so awesome! I love your pictures too, what an awesome camera.

michele said...

That is great, you go John!! How is your leg Sarah? Can I do anything for you?