Sunday, June 22, 2008

the Blogger loves a Jogger





For those of you who don't know, my husband is a talented runner. He started running a few years ago when I convinced him that it is worth it. I don't know why I did that because he turned into a health nut as well and now points out every thing bad that I eat. But besides that fact, this past March he ran the Salt Lake Marathon and came in 140th or so over all! This past race he ran was a 10 mile down Provo Canyon, and not surprisingly ended up taking 19th over all! He is very humble about his mastering skills, but if you were to watch him in a hard race, he looks like he is just out on a leisurely stroll. His friend Kenneth ran the 10 mile which was his first race and finished only 8 minutes behind John. Wow, what is it with these guys? My sister Liz, a skilled runner who has trained me in various ways, also ran the race and beat her time from last year by 20 minutes! I think I recall running it with her last year, who's holding who back? So since I am pregnant this year and have not even attempted running, I think I'll just be the blogger and John and Liz can be the joggers!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey Sarah,

It's Andrea Shafer. I stumbled on your blog from a friend of a friends blog. I can't believe how big your boys have gotten. I swore I would stay in touch after we moved from Provo 4 years ago, but you know...life gets in the way sometimes. I miss the late night scrapbooking nights though. It is good to see you are blogging. It is such a great way to keep in touch. Hope you hear from you soon.