Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Naptime with Mommy





Have you ever tried to get a hold of us in the afternoon and the phone keeps ringing off the hook? That's because it's naptime at our house. Ever since I can remember I have had a nap in the afternoon. Sometimes when I was small, I would wait until my mom was asleep and I would sneak off to a friends. But then when I was ten and got Mono for a few months, I started having a nap regularly. Even in high school, my favorite thing to do would be to come home, eat a snack and take a nap.



John always teases me and laughs at how I always have to "have my nap". But to justify my addiction I usually will read to the kids and we will have some good educational time before we drift off. Enoch and Isaac no longer have a nap but they are old enough to watch a movie and know that it is quiet time.

It feels great to have a nap: like a cat getting scratched behind the ears, a pig seeping down into some good soft mud, a bee landing on a big mound of food. I think it is essential for every lifestyle. So if you are ever wondering where we are and want to hang out in the afternoon, forget it! We are taking a nap!








5 comments:

Marcy said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!

Ink Poison said...

You're so beautiful when you sleep!! Good luck with your blog!

THE LLOYD'S said...

Hi Sarah I love your new blog can't wait till you put new photos on here ttyl love ya

THE LLOYD'S said...

FYI THIS IS KIPPI

Michelle said...

Wahoooo! nice to see you guys are official now!