Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Baby's Room

Here it is: the long awaited pictures of the before and after of baby Ray's room. This room used to be the twin's room when we first moved in, so it was tan with a teddy bear border, which was so hard to take off I would never recommend wall paper to anyone. Then the room turned into a guest room when we moved Enoch and Isaac into a bigger room. So to the boys it is still known as the guest room. I told John that I wanted a light pink room with white bead board. He tried to talk me into something like purple or green, but I said if we are only having one girl it better be a pink room. So he painted the ceiling and the closet white first, then put up the bead board and painted that white. Finally he got to the pink and I think even he enjoyed the color we chose. It's very soft and feminine. Although he'll never admit it, I think John really enjoyed fixing up her room. It helps him prepare for his little baby daughter.









My sister Liz and I just sold our vinyl lettering company, so I printed off a bunch of stickers for Rachel's wall before we sold it. We are naming her Rachel Elizabeth, so the sign has Elizabeth through it if you can't see it in the picture. I also made her some jewelry: binkie holders, anklets and bracelets that are hanging under her name. I found her bedding at Walmart of all places and saved like $100. It's exactly the colors I wanted for her room: pink, dark pink, and lime green. I just bought a new Canon Rebel digital camera so when she comes I can take some pictures of my boys with her and put them in the frames. We are now just anxiously awaiting her arrival. The boys keep telling me to go jump on the trampoline to get her out. She is almost too active at night so I'm savoring the moments that I can sleep. But after this week I will be doing some stair climbing!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Turned out sooo cute! It makes me want to fix my girls room. How did you do the little dotted trails that follow the butterflies? That's way cute!

Aubrey Newland said...

I'm so excited for you to have a girl! That's neat. The room is way cute. Do you think you could be my interior decorator when I find a house...and a husband...and have kids?

Cumorah said...

Ohhh...... It is adorable!! That is exactly how I have imagined Grace's room when we get settled. That is way cute.
I loved Aubrey's comment by the way:)

Becky said...

Oh Sarah! Thanks for posting those photos. How cute is that. That must have taken a while. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I really love it Sarah! Nice job and way to go sticking up for pink- It looks so cute!

Ink Poison said...

I'm pretty sure the princess will approve. Now go jump on the tramp and get her here!