Thursday, August 28, 2008

Look Who's One Week Old

Yesterday was Rachel's One Week Old mark. I decided to do a little photo shoot with my new camera, and here are the results. My mom helped me and we laughed at how hard it actually is to take pictures of a newborn. I had to keep stopping to nurse her, get her warm, etc. but once she was deeply asleep it all worked out. Having a little girl is great. It's like playing dress up every day. When I was younger I loved to play "house" and dress up my cabbage patch kids in little outfits. Now the dream is a reality. Just today I painted her nails. It's too much fun! Here are some samples of the pictures we took.

















4 comments:

Becky Maness said...

Sarah,
She's so beautiful. She looks very fossumy. I can see the other boys in her so much. I'm so excited for you and John. Sorry I couldn't talk to much the other day. I was busy with rasapberries and people kept coming to the house right when you called.
We're heading for Denver today- we'll get there about 2am. but the kids will be asleep. Love, Becky

Becky Maness said...

Oh yea! I forgot to tell you that your photo shoot turned out so cute. Watch your lighting that is the key to a so so photo and a fabulous photo. I'm not saying its a problem, its not. Just a friendly tip.
Becky

Aubrey Newland said...

You have your girl!!! I'm super impressed by the pictures. Good work! Or maybe Rachel is just so beautiful it makes the pictures look better. ;) Congrats!

Ink Poison said...

You're a great photographer, Sarah. Lovin' the blog.