Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thanks Mom

It doesn't matter how old you are, you always need your mother. When I was in the hospital throwing up after my c-section, I found myself screaming in my mind, "I want my mom!"

A day or so when I got home, my mom came down from Idaho to spend a week with me. She was such a big help. I got in the routine of staying up all night with the baby and sleeping all day because Mom was there with the twins while the older boys were at school. We got meals brought in and fresh bread from neighbors, my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law. I felt so blessed and so spoiled! My boys loved it when my mom would spend time with them, taking them places, and helping them with their homework. The help was very much needed. I was dreading the day that she would have to leave, and when she did I cried all day. (it helps with the blues to cry every once in awhile) So thanks Mom for taking time out of your busy schedule and coming down here to help my family.Luckily, I have my sister Liz as well as my in-laws that live close-by. What would we do without family? I love you, mom!

My mom gave me this hat for Rachel. You can take off the flower and interchange them. Isn't that fun?

2 comments:

Sam Packer said...

we are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother. she has never failed to be a support to us, and i cannot believe how lucky we are! i think you are following in her footsteps..your kids are all such angels. i love you sis!

Phil and Pat said...

Sarah! That hat looks so cute on Rachel. She's sure a beauty!

I enjoyed every minute of it when I came down and I miss you, too!
Love you all ~ Mom