Thursday, November 12, 2009

Girl with Glasses

Rachel was born with a lazy eye in her left eye. So eventually her doctor told me to take her to a pediatric eye doctor. I went to one that was located in Orem and didn't have a very pleasant experience. He was very pompous to say the least and jumped to the conclusion right away that Rachie needed surgery. So I wanted a second opinion and took her up to Primary Children's hospitol to Dr. Larsen. He said that Rachel has a very mild case of youth far-sightedness which is different than that of an adult. He recommended that she try glasses before surgery. Glasses are a more mild way of fixing her eye and will strengthen the muscle over time so that when she is around four or so she won't need them anymore. If the glasses don't work, which we will know around eight weeks, then we will opt for the surgery. I think she looks pretty cute though, don't you? It was hard for me to get a pic of her without her glasses glaring. She seems to like them though and doesn't take them off except when we are driving in the car. I think it's because I tease her in the rearview mirror so she takes them off and throws them. Cutie!


7 comments:

Sam Packer said...

oh my heck! she is awesome :)

miss ya!

s

Liz said...

such a cutie! When I was holding her yesterday, she kept looking at me like she was recognizing me a little better. I just love her.

M said...

She's so cute! Rachel, my sister, had a lazy eye and wore glasses just like her. Over time her eyes got much better. I'm sure your Rachel's will too.

Teresa Stubbs said...

I want to eat her!

Ink Poison said...

Dear Rachel,
I love your glasses. They are classy!! I want you to know that glasses changed my life. Without them I am blind as a bat. Horray for modern medicine!
Love,
Aunt Ingrid

Sara Packer said...

She looks like she loves them. She couldn't be cuter!

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable! I hope the glasses do the trick for her!