Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Twilight Party: in Celebration of New Moon















































































This past Friday night I had a Twilight party before New Moon comes out this week. For all you Twilight Saga fans, I'm sure you know how fun it is to go with the craze and celebrate! My friend Colleen was so kind to host it at her house. She has a beautiful basement that just got finished with a home theater system. We had Stephenie Meyer, and Edward and Alice look alikes there. Everyone brought lots of food: cupcakes, peanut butter bars, brownies, artichoke dip, and lots of other mouth-watering food. There were lots of pictures taken with the celebrities, then we started the movie, and afterwards had a raffle with New Moon gifts. My sister Liz crocheted a little Edward doll for the raffle. He was holding a little apple. It was very cute! We dressed up in Prom dresses or vampire attire. I decided the easiest way to go would be vampire. Needless to say I look like a cardboard cutout with my pale face and strange black hair. It is so fun to dress up though. Who ever gets that chance once you are a mom? Later on during the movie, my friend's husband (Richard) decided to come and scare us. He has custom made vampire teeth. The girls thought he was just plain funny. He was sucking on cinnamon breath mints and blowing it in people's faces. Needless to say, he wasn't very scary, just funny. It was a fun night out with the girls. Don't feel bad if you couldn't make it this year, because we will probably be doing a New Moon party next year!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I wish I could have come down for that.

Teresa Gashler said...

Wow, those look a likes were really impressive. I enjoy reading your blog, Sarah :)