Sunday, October 19, 2008

the SECRET



I'm not one to believe this kind of stuff, and I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to practicing these things, but lately I have really enjoyed the Secret. We were first introduced to the Secret from my sister Liz and her husband David. I remember watching it on dvd a few years ago. I didn't reallly believe in it but kept an open mind and tried to be positive about it. The main gist of it all is the power of positive thinking. You are your thoughts basically. So time went by and I didn't really pay much attention to it until John brought home the cd's. Then I really started getting into it because I could listen to it while driving around in my car. One day I thought to myself, "I'm really going to try to see if this works." We were in the market for finding a new car so I did like the Secret says and imagined up exactly what I wanted- Yukon XL Denali, white with tan interior. A couple weeks went by and my car finally arrived. We went up to Salt Lake to test drive it and I found to my amazement it was exactly the car I imagined in my mind and it even had tan interior. We got it for a screaming deal from a friend of a friend of a friend. It just sort of fell into our hands!

I decided to put the Secret to the test again by saying out loud, "I want new carpet for our house." In my mind I thought that the only way that could happen is that John would have to get another teaching job. He called me later that day and told me that BYU offered him another course. I said, "It's because of the Secret." Needless to say we didn't get new carpet, instead we got new leather furniture, two coffe tables, a tv stand, a rug, two night stands, and a 52 inch plasma flatscreen tv which was all John's doing. He used the Secret to get all that instead of carpet. But what I'm trying to say is that it works!

I loved at this last conference how President Monson mentioned that you will be extremely blessed if you just remember to give thanks for what you already have and always have gratitude. Gratitude is one of the leading ways to get what you want from the Secret as well. First you give thanks and then you will be blessed. It is amazing to me how it all works and we have been blessed from it.

I'm excited to use the Secret for my weight loss from having a baby as well. They tell you to not weigh yourself and just imagine you are already at your goal weight. Wow! I'm 120 pounds, I'm 120 pounds, I'm 120 pounds, and even when I eat this Chocolate cake I'm 120 pounds. But it will work and I will prove it to you all! So go out and get the Secret, it is awesome!

2 comments:

Teresa Stubbs said...

Hehehe so last night as we lay in bed, John and I were discussing our future plans. He asked, what happens if I don't get accepted at the U? We discussed a couple of options, which wouldn't be pleasant. Then I remembered this post of yours, and I told him, John you need to know that you are a good student, you will do well on the GRE and you will be accepted at the U. We'll see if it works!

Cumorah said...

So you should read Thank You Power by Deborah Norville. It is a very similar concept, and is sucha good book. Oh, and while you are saying you are 120lbs, can you say I am 120 lbs as well!!!!!:)