Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Wonderful Sabbath






This last weekend we blessed Rachel in our ward. John gave a beautiful blessing and my mom wrote it down for me in my journal. I'm very blessed to have a priesthood holder in my home so that we can always ask for blessings. This is a group picture of all of us who were at the blessing. A day before we were able to see my brother Sam who came to visit for a couple hours. He was in town for a concert and staying up in Park City with some friends. You can check out a picture of us on that day on Liz's blog. After the church meeting, we all came to our house for a dinner: ham, potatoes, fresh veggies, homemade rolls, fruit salad, real oreos, and peanut butter brownies. Thank you all for donating food. I am glad you all found our church. Ingrid and Martin drove around to four different churches before they found ours. Sorry guys! What a wonderful day! It was also my brother Andy's twenty-first birthday, which we celebrated on Saturday. Happy Birthday Andy! Rachel was blessed in a dress that my sister Becky made her. It is so gorgeous. I will post some close ups of her in it later. We missed all of you who couldn't come, but are glad that we are all family! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Grandma Fossum (who will be 97 this year) also came. That meant so much to us. Thank you!

back row: Ingrid and Martin, Mom and Dad Fossum, John and Sarah, Mom and Dad Packer, Andy and James, David and Liz/ middle: Cat and Grandma Fossum with baby Ray/ front row: all our dang kids

2 comments:

Alex said...

Sarah, what a great day! Wish we could have been there. It is so nice to see everyone in that picture...can't wait for the close ups of your little angel. Love ya!

Aubrey Newland said...

Wish I could have been there. Thanks for posting the pictures. This is a great way to keep updated on everyone. Rachel is adorable. I'll have to come down when I'm home for Christmas to visit.