Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Coldplay- the best concert ever.....Thanks Sam!!

This last Saturday I went to Coldplay. It was in the Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City. The whole week I was trying to win front row seats on a radio station. I was trying all I could to use the Secret and get to go because Liz and David were going and I really wanted to go too. So I wrote it on the calendar. I was making plans for other things and saw that I had Coldplay down on the calendar and I'd say, "Nope, can't do it that night.I have Coldplay to go to." I was sure that somehow I would be able to go. Then I didn't win anything on the radio. boo-hoo, only 175,000 callers were calling at the same time as me. I seriously got a lump in my throat because I wanted to go so bad. But I kept on being positive that I was going. Then on Thursday night my brother Sam called and asked if I had won on the radio. I said no. He then told me that he had a surprise for a late birthday gift. I then let out some type of yell and cry at the same time. It didn't sound human. I just started bawling as he told me that he bought me a ticket. I didn't care that I was going to sit by myself, I would get a ride up with Liz and David and during the concert you can't hear eachother anyway. I was psyched. I couldn't believe that the Secret worked and that my brother had fulfilled my dream. John laughed at me when I told him I was going mainly because he knew how hard I was trying to win tickets off the radio.
Anyway, it turned out to be THE BEST concert I've ever seen. I've seen a LOT of concerts way back in the day but Coldplay is one of the best bands to see live. They really put on a great show. Their music is synchronized to lazers and lighting that is just amazing.
When I went and took my seat, in front of me was a black platform covered up. I just figured it was for the sound or something during the Jazz games. But during the concert the stage crew came over and started setting up a microphone and some guitar holders. I was so shocked I started shaking. Then the band left the stage and started walking up the isle right by me! I felt like I was going to pass out my heart was beating so fast. I thought of Sam and the Secret and how much I wanted front row seats. When I saw that the band was playing right in front of me (I could have reached out and touched them) I just started bawling again. I know, I'm a cry baby. I haven't figured out yet how to control my emotions, so I was screaming, shaking, and crying. I'm sure I looked rediculous. I was just so thankful I didn't know how to control myself. This picture above is of where they were playing right by me. Liz and David took it from where they were sitting.

After the concert I bought a t-shirt for John because it was worth every penny. Liz and David also loved the show and we are still talking about it every day. Next time I will take John and a few of my boys. Man, they put on a great show! Thanks Sam for the best show ever!

2 comments:

Teresa Stubbs said...

You don't know how freaking jealous I am. I told Liz that if we still lived in her basement I would sneak up and steal her tickets.
Oh and don't worry, I'm sure you didn't look or sound as ridiculous as the 13-year olds next to you.

michele said...

How exciting. What a great brother you have.