Thursday, November 13, 2008

This Is Our Morning

I don't really ever have anything to say that is exciting on a blog, but my sister Liz just told me to blog about my day. So this is our morning. When I was little there was nothing like sitting on a heat vent early in the morning. The heat coming through the vent would warm me up nice and cozy. My boys love to do the same thing in the morning. The only problem is that we only have two heat vents in our kitchen so the boys fight over who gets them. So we mad up a system. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Enoch and Isaac get them. Then on Tuesday and Thursday Ben and Jake get them. Saturday and Sunday they have to fight for them, but we sleep in anyway on those days so it's not a big deal. The boys seem to keep track of the days and know what day is theirs. Another rule is that blankets are not allowed in the kitchen because the boys don't fold them up when they are done. But this morning Jacob is cheating.






Ben is not from an orphanage but loves to sleep in his underwear.



We start the day when I get home from the gym around 7a.m.by reading scriptures. Then we move to the kitchen for breakfast. The boys love cold cereal every morning. John loves frozen blueberries on his so now the boys do too.I usually have hot cereal with blueberries because I can't stand frozen food on my teeth. I call it "hot heewee" because that's what Enoch called it wen he was younger. Jacob loves hot heewee too but the rest prefer cold. (John keeps telling me not to talk to the boys in baby talk but hot heewee is one word I will never change). The boys love to eat with Dad before he leaves, then we usually get Enoch and Isaac ready for school and meet back up in the kitchen to listen to "the Secret Sound" on the radio. So that is our morning, I hope it is exciting for you!

4 comments:

Aubrey Newland said...

I love hearing things like that! We used to sit on the heater in our family too. Now I think it has been translated to the younger generation (i.e. Alyssa) in our family to mean the electric fireplace. Same concept... :)

michele said...

I love the blog, I remember doing that when I was little too. Your boys are so cute and so is your little princess. We need to get together again soon.

Anonymous said...

We used to sit by the heater in the kitchen too. Oh the memories of many cold Rexburg mornings.

Cumorah said...

where do you go to the gym?